Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Felt Color Book

This is a project that I came up with for my sister-in-law's baby shower. I wanted to do something crafty that could be a gift for the baby. I made the cover ahead of time to give people an idea of what style the book would be.


I had blank tan pieces of felt to be the background for each page. The women at the shower teamed up and chose a color from the rainbow. Then I had lots of colors of felt to use for decorating the pages. I just had them glue the felt since I didn't want the craft to take too long at the baby shower.




One of the ladies was a retired elementary school teacher, so naturally she made a page that was educational. It's a counting page of leaves and berries. Everybody who contributed to the book signed the last page.


Later on at home, I worked on sewing the pages so they would be more durable. This was a bit time consuming, but the finished product was worth putting in the extra effort.



I whip stitched the pages together with multicolored embroidery floss. Then I bound everything together with a more heavy duty thread and the book was ready for the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment