Monday, September 20, 2010

Leif's First Tooth

The day after we arrived in New York to visit Rachel, Seth and Jax, Leif started getting very ornery. I thought that it was the change in routine or maybe his ears hadn't popped from the flight. (If he is anything like his dad, his ears could take days to pop.) But then I noticed that his gums were red. It looked a little bit like a pimple on his gums. Then I realized that it was his first tooth poking through! Rachel still had one of Jax's frozen teething rings and Leif seemed to like chewing on that. Over the next two days, he had a few doses of Tylenol, woke up a few times crying, but seemed to be over it by Sunday. (I first noticed the tooth on Friday.)

To be honest, it wasn't so bad. I have always heard that teething was terrible, but Leif seemed to deal with it really well. I was sad that Jeff missed it, but there will be many more teeth to experience. Leif keeps experimenting with his new tool (which means I'm teething too, ugh) and bites and chews on anything he can get his hands on.

I am getting used to Leif's cute new smile. I'll post a picture as soon as I can catch him with his mouth open.

No comments:

Post a Comment