Thursday, October 28, 2010

Moroccan Ginger Carrot Dip

I few weeks ago, I went to a recipe exchange pot luck. It was hosted by a friend in my moms' group. My contribution was Moroccan Ginger Carrot Dip. I have been making this recipe from memory for years. The recipe exchange was a perfect opportunity to finally write it down. So here it is.



Moroccan Ginger Carrot Dip

From the kitchen of Monica Digre


1 bag of Carrots (2 pounds)

3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar

3 tablespoons Olive Oil

3 tablespoons Minced Ginger

3 tablespoons Minced Garlic

2 tablespoons Cumin

1 tablespoon Parsley Flakes

1 tablespoon Paprika

Optional:

Cayenne Pepper (to taste)

Cilantro (to taste)


Peel carrots. Steam until a fork easily pierces carrots. In food processor, puree carrots. Add all other ingredients and mix. Chill in refrigerator. Serve with pita bread, crackers or spread on a veggie sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. This is the greatest recipe ever. I've also taken it to several pot lucks and gotten several great compliments. Thanks, Mons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great recipe and one that I love when you make it. I look forward to making this myself.

    ReplyDelete